Monday, November 3, 2014

Iowa

My little corner of the blog world has been quiet for a long time.  I think I may be in one of the busiest seasons of my life!  Life with 5 kids all at home is quite full.  On top of that, 2 of Steve's brothers are getting married this fall so it's keeping us hopping.

Steve's brother Seth got married in Iowa this past weekend.  The week before the wedding, Steve needed to be in Nashville at a Pastor's Conference.  He had to be at the conference until the night before we needed to be in Iowa for the wedding.   It was not an option for our whole family to fly to Iowa.  Steve's brother who lives here in Lancaster offered to chauffeur us but he would need to drive through the night (18-20 hours one way).  I knew that Steve saw that as our only option for the trip home and I in NO way wanted to do that with a van full of kids twice in the same week!!  Hmmm...what is a girl to do?

After talking it through with a number of people, I decided that my best option was to leave early in the week, by myself with the kids, and take it slow.  I can't believe we made it!!  It took us 5 days, lots of trail mix, 20 hours of driving, lots of episodes of Adventures in Odyssey, some movies, one wrong turn, some tears...but we made it!!

Overall the trip went really well and in the end I'm so glad we did it!!  The kids did really well and it was good for us to have to work together as a team.

I took this picture at 7:30 the morning that we took off from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment