From Ohio we drove about 5 hours into the middle of 'Illinois. We got a hotel and hung there for the evening. Goodwill and Culvers cheese curds were our evening fun. I also made the kids take laps around the parking lot of the hotel for some exercise. I'm sure onlookers thought we were crazy! No exciting pictures from 'hotel Illinois stop'.
Next stop was Des Moines, Iowa, another 5 hour drive. Steve's Uncle Michael and Aunt Karla and their family live there. They have a very special place in our hearts and it's been years since we have been able to spend time with them. Michael has always been a source of encouragement and love towards Steve. He also was the pastor who married us 17 years ago! They have 8 children, 4 are still at home. Our kids had a wonderful time reuniting and being together. I always love spending time with their family, truly some of the most humble and loving people that I know!!
 |
| Zip line in the backyard. How fun! |
 |
| These 2 have a mutual love for green tractors. |
 |
| Bedtime stories with Uncle Michael. |
No comments:
Post a Comment