Monday, October 15, 2007

PC Update 10.15.07


It's been some weeks since I've posted an update on the Pastors College, so this is probably as good a time as ever. I've chosen the picture at right to give an indication of the level of brainpower necessary to take this all in. In short, it's impossible to process everything that we're getting, which I suppose is to be expected. And I'm not complaining mind you. One of the results of having a clear hamartiology (doctrine of sin) is knowing that we live in a fallen world. There was a reason, after all, that the Apostle Paul said that "Now we see in a mirror dimly," even while we anticipate the "face to face."
I am so grateful for the Pastors College, and so
thankful for the folks back at Lancaster for sending us here. We've received excellent and helpful teaching on biblical fellowship, the Gospels, the Pentateuch (Gen-Deut) & Hermeneutics (how to study the Bible), and that's just the past four weeks. I'm seeing the storyline of the Bible more clearly than I ever have; and just as importantly, we're experiencing the grace of God in our lives in new ways.
To that end, I think that it would be appropriate here to inform your prayers. We know that many of you are praying for us, and we are very grateful for that. The one recurring need I see is for humility: humility to recognize God's grace toward me as a desperate sinner, humility to bring others into our lives and to allow them to speak to our sins, and humility to appreciate God's richness toward me in my wife and children. Thank you for your ongoing care and kindness towards us, and for your prayers.
-Steve

1 comment:

  1. Don't brag, Lori ( does this make you feel loved?)
    Anyway, I do love you with sisterly love. - Summer

    ReplyDelete