Monday, December 28, 2009

Fun Christmas Stuff

I am so grateful when we are able to do fun things as a family. Those were some of my best memories when I was a kid.

Our kind senior pastor plans a fun family event every year. This year it was broken into 2 nights b/c of the weather. The first evening was spent at the church offices playing games and eating. My hubby cooked an amazing Mexican feast (I was shocked. What was funny was that the guys were surprised that I was shocked. Apparently he cooks like that all the time at the office but not at home. Hmmm...?) Anyway, my camera battery died shortly into the evening so I hardly got any pics.

Here are my children looking quite competitive in a game of dancing musical chairs.


The second half of our fun night was spent at Longwood Gardens watching an ice skating show. It is a beautiful place. It's about an hour from our home and as we pulled into the parking lot, Aaron says, "I think I'm going to throw up" and proceeds to do so all over himself in the car seat. He has this funky thing where he throws up when he is overly tired and I was pretty sure that was the case. Thankfully, there was a Walmart very close so Aaron got new clothes that night!
He spent most of the night right with daddy.


Buddies




The ice skating rink


The girls and their friends and the skaters. They were prior Olympic skaters, I didn't recognize their names.




This was how Barbara's baby spent part of the evening. It was so cute!


We were watching some professional carolers and they gave a group of our kids some bells to jingle. It was quite cute.




This was my attempt at being a bit crafy this year


A local theater (the Fulton) does a family show every year and we like to take the girls if we can. This year it was "Annie" and a girl from our church was in it so we really wanted to go! Steve met us there that's why he's not in the pic, but it was a fun day out with the 2 older girls. We had lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then watched show.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I don't think I ever saw you wear a hat like that. You are adorable! You should do it more often. You definitely have a collection from Claudia to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look alike!!!!!! on the Christmas card you sent us, i thought Claudia was Lori!!!!! and Greta was MORGAN!!!!! and Aaron was Steve!!!!!

    ReplyDelete