Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Choosing a doll...

We arrived in NYC on Sunday evening and were planning
on spending the evening walking around the city and seeing
some sights. Well, it was pouring rain and we decided to head
straight to the American Girl store and spend the evening there
instead. The girls went knowing which doll they wanted, so that
part was pretty painless. They each had some extra money to
spend (thanks to their g-pa Heitland) so we told them we would
come back the next day and do that. Here they are choosing their
doll and getting to see all her accessories. I can't explain the
moment, it was so sweet. The lady helping them was such a dear,
she was just as interested and excited as the girls were.

In case you think Morgan looks a little drenched in this pic, yes,
she is, we walked in the pouring rain!!


Morgan has her goodies in this big ol' shopping bag!






Greta just chillin' with dad

5 comments:

  1. You think she is just chilling...she's thinking about what it will be like when it's her turn!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I remember Nicole getting her first American Girl doll, but she didn't get to go pick it out in the store. Wouldn't that store be a great place to work? I heard about the trip, sounds like a great time together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lori...I am a friend of Kelly Ross and I take a peek at your blog from time to time. I thought it was to time to let you know that I have been stalking :) ...My hubby and I did the same thing with our oldest last year...took a trip to NYC to get an American Girl Doll (she picked Elizabeth). We took a day trip and took the subway from NJ to NY...when you said how sweet the moment was...I remembered that it was the same thing for us...we look forward to doing the same thing with our other 2 girls when they are old enough. God Bless...Shannon Eder

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite American doll is little Greta. . . What a doll baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite American doll is little Greta. . . What a doll baby !!

    Gpa Thomas

    ReplyDelete