Friday, May 8, 2009

The Screen Door

Last week the girls were gone, it was just me and the little 2 home. Greta had woken from her nap and wanted to be fed but I was trying to finish the job of getting my floor clean. I stepped outside to shake out my rugs leaving the little 2 inside. When I tried to come back inside, I realized that Aaron had locked the screen door, locking me outside!! I was talking to him through the screen, trying to get him to unlock it. Unfortunately, the door is very easy to lock, but hard to unlock. I stood there for a few minutes trying to instruct him, but it was continuing to prove futile. I ran around the house to see if any of the windows were unlocked (I knew they weren't but did it anyway.) Went to the other screen door... he had locked that one too! By this time Greta was at the screen screaming her head off. My brain was spinning, I kept trying to figure out how to get in my house. As you can see below, this was what I finally resorted to. Now we have a nice little "doggie" entrance for the kids to go through.


4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I got stressed out just thinking about that. Glad you were able to get back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder how long it will be before something similar happens to me. Yikes.

    Glad it was an easy fix "breaking and entering" material instead of a storm door or window. Got a screen replacement kit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a lovely summer addition. I commend you for creative, quick thinking under pressure. We've had to break back into our house too...on occasion. Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Lori, I bet there is some one around who can fix that 4u, gpa

    ReplyDelete