The thing that tickled me about this room was the we spent hardly any money on it. Most of the things were items that we already had or I had gotten from yard sales.
I also really wanted to do a blue room but was very afraid of the bright color. I looked at color samples for weeks and finally narrowed it down to my final b/c of the name! I like the sound of "Atlantic Schooner". I am very happy with the color, it's exactly what I had in mind.
![]() |
| Fire truck coat rack, handmade by daddy. |
![]() |
| White lamps: yard sale! |
![]() |
| Book shelf: yard sale! |
![]() |
| Bed and frame: neighbor's sale. I'm not a huge fan of his headboard, I think it's a little feminine, but it's working for now! Bedding and sheets: yard sale! The sheets were brand new. Score. |
![]() |
| Nightstand: old wooden box from yard sale! Our friend from church (Mr. Bueche) made Aaron this special little truck at his work (he's a shop teacher). |
![]() |
| Steve's mom got this rug for Aaron's room when he was a teeny baby and it works great in his new room!! |








his room looks great. i completely understand about picking a paint color b/c of its name :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it! ESPECIALLY because you furnished it with home made things and yard sale finds. Wonderful. Love the blue. And I really like the bed - curves are ok for boys too, aren't they? The red makes it ok. He looks very happy and comfy there.
ReplyDeleteYes, Gina, I like the red headboard too. But when I got it it was white with peach hearts all over it and I can't get it out of my head that it's girly!
ReplyDeleteAaron, I love your new room. I would for you to give me a tour when I come over next.
ReplyDeleteYou are growing into such a big boy!