Thursday, April 28, 2011

She won

For all you mama bird sympathists (sp?? Is that even a word?) out there, the mama bird won.  On Monday there were 2 eggs in the nest. I have not touched it and promise to let her do her thing.  BUT, the other day Aaron and Greta went out to check on the nest and one of the eggs were gone.  I really don't think they touched it.  Aaron is a bit of a rule policeman, I really think he would have told me if Greta did it.  Anyway, so there is one little egg in the nest.  I haven't seen the bird in awhile so not sure if we have scared her away or not.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It is beautiful....your flowers and the nest and the egg! I wonder what happened to the other egg. Hope the mama comes back to hatch this one. How do you water it? Yes, I am a bird sympathizer :) , in this case, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this!!! i would definitely be in the bird sympathetic category. it cracks me up how you kept destroying the poor thing's nest Lori! i'm glad to see that your maternal instincts have kicked in since you saw the egg. i love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure did pick a beautiful spot to raise her baby or babies! Nothing else came close to it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My door box is back up and my snake is working by keeping all predators (birds)away. You need to purchase some dollar tree snakes!!!

    m

    ReplyDelete