Monday, October 5, 2009

Another successful day

Today was another beautiful day to work outside. Our work crew got even bigger this weekend, Steve's brother, Seth and his girlfriend, Keely came in from Nebraska to join in the fun. The guys spent the bulk of the day tearing off and reshingling the north side of our house. There was much to clean up after that job.
My morning was spent inside. I was cooking breakfast and went down to my big freezer to get some more english muffins and much to my horror saw that the freezer door was part way ajar. It was so full, it somehow got bumped open. I spent a few minutes in tears, stressing that I did not have time for this activity today, but it ended up ok. I'm now a few meals ahead b/c of having to cook up some of the meat. Thanks to mom and Bev who postponed their shopping trip to help me get things back in order. Thankfully, I didn't have to throw anything away, we were able to salvage it all.

Seth making his way up to the roof


Keely and the girls working hard to clean up




Jim, I couldn't resist this pic. Those shingles look waaaaay too heavy for you. Maybe you should stick to operating machinery.




Steve and Jim spent quite a bit of time filling in the hole that will soon become our front porch


Looking bored waiting to dump the next load


Steve pounding down the driveway


A homemade seesaw






We got two walls put in for the new living room. Certainly a team effort:






Dad showing off his ballet moves


I was cooking supper and came out for something and saw that my older 3 had began DIVING down one of the dirt piles. What a mess, but they had fun.




3 comments:

  1. Oh to be a kid and freely dive down a mound of dirt without any second thoughts!
    That dirt pounder machine thingermabob must've been what I heard on the phone today. Love your consistently current blogging of this endeavor!
    Lori, be encouraged that it is God's grace that helped you see the blessing in your freezer episode: you are now actually ahead some meals, so that time was not even wasted but simply "reallocated" on your priority list! How gracious of God to point that out to you so quickly and not leave you to dwell in stress or to give in to anxiety.
    I hope you find the next several days to be pure joy, whatever the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Things are looking great! how awesome to have so many people come out and help. can't wait to see the final product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a sight to see big muscle men showing their stuff and working hard!! And your mom cracks me up - she is right in there with them. Looks like things are moving along. Thanks again to everyone that is helping. Looks like a party.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete