Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dirty Job

I'm no pro at construction, but it seems there are some jobs that are a little more enjoyable than others. I could tell that all the Heitland boys got a raz out of banging the holes in the walls and setting the trusses. Nobody really wanted to shingle the roof but they "got her done". Well, I think that Steve had the worst of the worst tonight. This was how my sweet hubby spent his Sat. evening:


This pic does not accurately portray the madness of sanding drywall. He had all these holes in the ceiling from running the new electrical so there was much patching to do. Tonight he sanded the whole kitchen ceiling and was able to get a coat of primer on. The sanding created a horrible mess. My whole kitchen was covered in this:


Everywhere I touch, sit feels like it has chalk dust all over it. But, it's part of the process. Thank you, Steve, for working so hard. This will soon look amazing!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a shop vacuum or some kind of vacuum to get that stuff up. I can't believe how your husband gets so much done while still working a regular job. He must be the energizer bunny. And you too, with all that you do with your kids and then the extra cleaning,etc. I forget what it is like to be young...and I'm not that old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Buddy sanding dry wall when he and my brothers finished our basement - and more recently sanding and dust from our steps. You are right, there is not much mess worse than that. It covers absolutely everything. But you are keeping the right attitude - this is only temporary and you will have a lovely home when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori! I CAN RELATE! we did lots of drywall projects in this house while we were living here. It gets everywhere & yes it feels like there is not a "clean" area in the entire house when drywall dust is flying! But one day very soon the projects will be completed & you will be able to clean & IT WILL STAY THAT WAY! (well basically anyways) =))
    You're a trouper!!! Hang in there...newly drywalled & freshly painted ceilings always feel so clean & fresh! can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joel and I hate that job, too. I have helped him put up a lot of drywall and helped him mud and sand.......it is BY FAR the worst step.

    ReplyDelete