Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cute and a Funny

I'll start with the funny. Last night Steve and I had an evening out. Had supper at our favorite restaurant (Cocina Mexicana) and walked around downtown for a little. We decided to slip into the new convention center to check it out. Steve and already been in once and was showing me around a little. We were on the lower level way in the back, there was no one around. Both of us had to use the bathroom, but the mens and womans rooms were closed. We went into the family bathroom together and after we were done, realized that we were LOCKED IN the bathroom!! I will never forget the look of horror on Steve's face when he went to the handle and realized what had happened. I of course immediately busted into laughter, and he's trying to shimmy the door open with a credit card, keys, etc. We were never so thankful to have a cell phone! We called his bro who got us the # to the front desk. I called and told them we were locked in the downstairs bathroom. I was certain the she would not believe me and write me off as a prank caller. Thankfully she did send someone and he quickly let us out. Thank goodness for modern technology. I don't know if anyone would have ever heard us banging way down there!!

Now on to the cute. Steve was teaching the kids some football moves the other night. This is Aaron's 3 point stance:

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha!!! That is hilarious!!! And I love the football pic of Aaron. I'm sure all the Heitland guys love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure you were going to the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I told Buddy about that and he said the same thing as Marlisajoy - that the front desk clerk would never believe that story. It's a shame Steve is on retreat this week because I'll never remember to ask him about this next week. One never knows what stories you will have when you go out for the evening, but thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK that's a funny one. Did you know that Carissa and the guy she works for did all the outside flower planters at the convention center? I think a total of 22 huge planters. She's my flower girl.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is TOO FUNNY!!!

    Speaking of being locked in, while in labor with Adam my mom and I were walking around Women's and Babies (I was practically doubled over with the contractions but wasn't too far along) and since the doors connecting to May-Grant were propped open we ventured down the hallway.

    While there I was using the hallway bathroom and heard my mom talking to a security guy. He was telling us we weren't supposed to be down there, that he almost locked us in!

    Can you imagine a worse condition to be locked in?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what at story Lori!
    I could picture you just busting out in laughter at the ridiculousness of your predicament. The humble quality of laughing at yourself is quite a precious character trait. Thanks for sharing! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of the best stories I've heard in a while. Glad you got out quickly! =D

    ReplyDelete