Friday, September 25, 2009

More destruction

Good-bye ugly, old evergreen shrubs!!


Morgan and Aaron hanging out watching my uncle rip out the shrubs (Aaron was still in his jams!!)


Aaron was so cute sitting on this concrete block watching my uncle dig some more with his skid loader


Our first out-of-town guest arrives tomorrow. Steve's brother Jeremy is driving in from Iowa and will stay 2 weeks to be helping us with the work. We are looking forward to having him here. He's lots of fun, the kids think he is a human jungle gym.
I think the stress of this work is getting to me. I did 2 really dumb things today. First, I am participating in a local consignment sale. It's a one day thing where you take all your used kids stuff and sell. I loaded up TONS of stuff that I was selling in my dad's truck and headed over to the church where the sale was taking place. I got there and there were only 3 cars. Hmmm... I walked into the church and they were setting up for a wedding reception. Here the sale is next weekend. I had it written on my calender correct. Who knows where that one got lost in my brain.
And then tonight I decided to make a huge batch of c. chip cookies to freeze for when our company arrives. As I was putting them on the tray Claudia says, "Mom, those look really white." I dismissed her comment, what does she know about cookies, she's only 9? I cooked them and they were not turning brown and had an odd shape to them. They tasted really nasty. At first I wrote it off to too much flour. I eventually realized that I used baking powder instead of baking soda. Uggh. Thankfully, my dad eats all my baking rejects, he just dunks them in his coffee!!

3 comments:

  1. That is always one of my biggest fears when baking, so I double and then triple check.
    I always wondered what would happen if you do switch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing one time Lori - and not even my little boys would eat them. Bless your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    It's encouraging to hear about your little messups. I had several of those this week too. One was when I put the blue toner in the yellow toner slot in the copier and didn't realized it until it spilled and made quite the mess, only discovering that it didn't need to be replaced in the first place! Another was when I discovered I ordered 48 storage boxes instead of 4, and we actually didn't need any! (that worked out because we got our money back, but they said to keep them anyway)
    It's interesting how the most common sense things can go wrong when you have a lot on your mind, or even when you don't! My family likes to say I'm really blond and dye my hair red. It's humbling, because I'm tempted to think I'm better than that, or at least should be. God can choose some humorous ways to keep us humble! How kind.

    ReplyDelete