Monday, September 14, 2009

Today's progress

My hubby has continued to work very hard at getting our kitchen in its new order. This weekend proved to be very productive. He had to remove a window and move a door which will enter our new garage. This was the view from the living room this afternoon:


Shannon, here is the view from the steps that you requested (yes, that little wall will soon be an island.


Part of the new layout (yes, it is a mess!). The microwave is only temporarily in that spot. Don't you love the bulldozer by the wall. I think maybe Aaron thinks he is helping with the demo??


Good-bye window, hello door to garage






Greta's new shoes. 25 cents at a yard sale!


For only the 3rd time in 2 months Aaron "did his thing" on the potty. He got a helicopter today. He carried it around in his mouth while scootering. And no, my children are not normally outside in just their undies. Let's just say I'm a little behind in housework (no clean shorts) given the project that's going on!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, when it's all said and done, it's going to be gorgeous!!! Jer was telling me about the plans.

    Oh, and Izzy is outside in her underwear quite often..... hmmmm....and I don't have any excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks great! I can't wait to see it when I come home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Lori! You (and Steve) must be pleased with the progress. And you must be more thrilled to have running water in your kitchen again. So many little conveniences we just take for granted until we don't have them any longer. Thank you for the progress updates. I can't wait to see it in person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! looks like it's really coming along! speedy hubby! the kitchen looks so nice & spacious. can't wait to see more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! It looks so great! I can't believe the difference in the kitchen. It's sooo open. You are going to love the sink by the window. The island is going to be a great addition as well. Love it!!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I seriously don't remember writing that message or even seeing these pictures before. I must have done this in sleep. Notice it was 11:47pm. Oh my!

    Anyway, OH MY! This already makes your house so open. You are going to love it. Taking walls out is the best thing to do when remodeling.
    Steve, what great work you are doing. You are a very talented and skilled man!
    I think I noticed the cupboards this way. More natural lights brightens them up.

    Love your shoes Greta! Oliver loves his, he even has the same velcro strap. He wears them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new additions! And that you are keeping us posted. It's fun to be part of the progress.

    To Shannon H.: It's none of MY business, but, are you serious or kidding? You have not lost your mind or written in your sleep...Lori knows more than one Shannon, I do believe. Maybe there are not pictures visible next to the posts for you. You gave me a laugh anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sneek peak at all that you've been doing.

    Oh, and I'm right there with you on the potty thing. My big girl has only gone #2 about 3 times in the big potty since mid July. I'm running out of ideas...and laundry detergent! ;o)

    I feel like I am constantly saying, "come back inside and get some clothes on!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete