Saturday, September 19, 2009

Quite the Day

Today was a very unusual assortment of activities around here. First off, my girls helped my friend at church with her float in the Puerto Rican parade downtown. Here they are ready for the festivities:


I spent the better part of my day hanging out with a group of my cousins (and one cuz-in-law) on my mom's side. What a fun time we had!! We were supposed to be at the beach all day but decided to stay local b/c the weather was on the cool side. We went out for lunch and did some shopping.


Imagine my surprise when I came home to this in my driveway:


I knew my uncle was coming to dig today for the footers but my brain thought a "footer" would be a smaller dig, not some gigantic crater beside my house!! It's so exciting to anticipate what this will become.




The kids had a ball playing in the dirt. Aaron showing off something he found












Dirty, dirty baby. The kids were all so filthy, they all needed 2 baths tonight. A hose down and then a scrub.


Morgan was so excited to show me this little garden that she planted with the remnants of my shredded perennials.








1 comment:

  1. My eyes are popping out of my head, looking at that "crater" by your home. I really, really hope it didn't RAIN while all the dirt was piled up!

    ReplyDelete