How do I explain "The Buck" to someone who has never been there?? It's a culture of its own. It's a very small town in southern Lancaster Co. that is known only for it's tractor pulls and demolition derbies...and recently a very good pizza shop. Steve oversees a couple care groups as part of his job and one recently invited our family along to enjoy the demo derby. Quite the night. It was fun to watch although I must admit that I do not understand the mentality at all. Fix up a car so you can slam it into another? No thanks.
My girls and Margaret: neighbor, friend, and super sweet and fun babysitter!!

Quite the beauty



Morgan and her buddy, Mr. Odell. She's taken a liking to him (and I think him to her!!) over the last few months.

Trying to catch a free t-shirt


Greta wasn't really demo-derby friendly. She was not into sitting still on the bleachers. Just wanted to run!


This sign cracked Steve and I up:
The Buck...what a place! I have been going for years now. I used to go when our parents were on call with the ambulance there.
ReplyDeleteOur favorite is the Monster Trucks. Lori, we have to take Aaron next year, it's amazing!
You know, I never saw that cooler sign before.
I was almost in a demo derby back in the day.
ReplyDeleteThat sign is funny!