Things have finally come together for us with the bank and permit and all. This past weekend Steve began the destruction. He ripped open the wall between my kitchen and living room and will turn that into one big dining/kitchen area. We are adding on 2 sides of the house, a garage on one end and a new living room on the other side, and above that another upstairs bedroom. We will have a porch and someday a patio out the back. I am so stinkin' excited I can hardly stand it!!
It has been a mess around here, but it's working. The girls have been super helpful in doing dishes in the bathroom, eating off the floor, etc.
In 2 weeks, members of Steve's family will be coming to start the addition. I'm sure I will continue to have lots of pics and updates!!
Steve working hard to move the window 1 foot so it will be over my sink. What a view I will have!
The knocked out wall
Playing in an empty cupboard
School in the middle of construction
Aaron has had the kitchen sink and counter sticking out of his bedroom all week. There's no other place to put it!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLiving with construction under way.....I'm so glad we are done with our place. But, it's SO worth it. I'm excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Feel free to send Steve our way when he's done with your place ;) xoxo
ReplyDeletewahooo! how fun! can't wait to see the finished product!!! xo
ReplyDeletelooks crazy but it will be worth it! can't wait to see more pics! :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this post much, Lori! It brings back memories of our family, doing construction and living around it all.
ReplyDeleteToday after church Claudia and Morgan were coloring in the office conference room. Claudia was showing me her drawing of your "new" kitchen. They both were so excited about the renovations! They said it is huge now. It's neat to see their excitement right alongside your's and Steve's.
I remember doing the dishes in our bathtub when we were putting in our new kitchen. When you have waited for something and then work hard at that project the end is so much sweeter and you appreciate it so much more when you are done. I'm excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! What kindness from God for this to unfold. Just wanted to let you know that I pooped in to read up on you and say hi!
ReplyDeleteWow! Wow! Wow!!! SO awesome, Lori. I'm happy for you guys ... I'm pretty sure you mentioned wanting to make some changes when we were in your home. Bravo to Steve for taking on all that hard work, and to all of you for handling living in a construction zone so well. It looks GREAT! I can't wait to see the finished product.
ReplyDelete